Horowitz Foundation Grants for Social Policy for International Students, 2020: The Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy founded in 1997 aims to promote research and understanding in the fields of social sciences through the provision of small grants to support the dissertation research of aspiring doctoral candidates. Applications for the 2020 grants support is ongoing for doctoral candidates all over the world. The grant is to enable the researcher carry out ground-breaking research in the main area of Social sciences and is worth a total of $7,500 which will be made available to researchers in two installments.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Horowitz Foundation Grants for Social Policy
Fellowship to be taken at: United States of America
Fellowship Type: Grant support
Fellowship level: Pre-doctoral
Fellowship Worth: $7,500
Subject Eligibility: Major research fields in the Social Sciences
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Fellowship is for international students
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Horowitz Foundation Grant, applicant:
- Must be current PhD (or DrPH) candidates working on their dissertation.
- Must not have a PhD; those who already have a PhD are not eligible to apply.
- Must have defended their dissertation proposal or had their topic approved by their department
- Can be from any country and any university in the world. US citizenship or residency is not required.
- Must submit as part of their application, personal statements and information about their academic qualifications.
- Must submit a reference letter from two professional referees.
Applicants are to note that the recipient will receive $5,000 as initial installment. To receive the second installment of $2,500, recipients must achieve one of the following:
- Acceptance and approval of their dissertation;
- Acceptance of an article based on the research by a peer-reviewed journal; or
- Invitation to write and publish a book chapter based on the research.
Application Procedure for the Horowitz Foundation Grants for Social Policy for International Students, 2020
- Applicants are to visit the official webpage for the application and create an account.
- Applicants are to complete the two-question Eligibility Form
- Applicants to complete the Application Round, including:
- Personal Details-short answer questions
- Project Overview – a brief snapshot
- Your Project – 750 word description
- Upload your CV
- 2 letters of Recommendation- provide contact information
- Applicants are to review and submit their application
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019