US Government Global UGRAD Program 2020: Applications are now being received for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD); a fully funded one year exchange programme to study in universities across the United States of America.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (also known as the Global UGRAD Program) provides one semester scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for non-degree full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): US Department of State.
Scholarships to be taken at: Universities in US.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Undergraduate (Exchange Program)
Slots: Not Stated.
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded.
Subject Eligibility: All subject areas
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Global Eligibility (Eligible countries include Algeria; Albania; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Belarus; Bosnia-Herzegovina; Burma (Myanmar); Cambodia; China; Costa Rica; Dominican Republic; Egypt; El Salvador; Georgia; Guatemala; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Israel; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kosovo; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Laos; Lebanon; Macedonia; Mauritania; Moldova; Mongolia; Montenegro; Morocco; Mozambique; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Oman; Palestinian Territories; Panama; Paraguay; Philippines; Qatar; Russia; Saudi Arabia; Serbia; South Korea; Tajikistan; Thailand; Turkmenistan; UAE; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Venezuela; Vietnam; Zimbabwe).
General Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be qualified for the US Government Global UGRAD Program 2020, certain eligibility conditions are attached. The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- Over 18 years of age;
- A citizen of a UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country;
- Enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the UGRAD program;
- Completed secondary education in their home country;
- A solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- Able to begin studies in the United States in August 2019 or January 2020 (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- Eligible to receive and maintain the US student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- Cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
- Committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Application Procedures for the US Government Global UGRAD Program 2020 – How to Apply:
The Global UGRAD Program is administered administered by World Learning on behalf of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Candidates who meet the eligibility conditions above can apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Fulbright Commission in their home countries.
Application Deadline: December 31 at 5:00pm Eastern Time