2020 Scholarship at United Nations University Japan for Developing Nations: Application for the Masters in Sustainability for international students who are passionate about advancing their career in Japan is open for the 2020 academic session. The award of the scholarships is based on application selection results where applicants that are considered for enrolment in the United Nations University-Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) Master of Science in Sustainability programme will be eligible candidates for the scholarships. Applicants interested in the scholarship must make available necessary information and supporting documents for the scholarship in addition to the documents needed for admission to the master’s degree programme.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): United Nations University-Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability
Scholarship to be taken at: Japan
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Masters of Science in courses related to sustainability programme
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for students from developing nations
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020 Scholarship at United Nations University Japan for Developing Nations, students must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be students from developing countries who can demonstrate their need for a financial assistance.
- Applicants who are currently residing in Japan under a working visa are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants who want to be enrolled in a second master’s degree at UNU-IAS are not also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have obtained a good university first degree in relevant courses at a recognised university.
- Applicants must show interest in the broader work of the United Nations.
Application Procedure for the 2020 Scholarship at United Nations University Japan for Developing Nations
There is no separate application form for the scholarship as it is a part of the online application for admission into the UNU-IAS masters of sustainability programme.
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2020