2020/2021 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme in UK: Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the 2020/2021 Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship. Applicants are to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the participating partner universities in the United Kingdom. The PTDF an agency of the Federal Government was set-up with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas sector of the Nigerian economy. The scholarship is for applicants for the MSc or PhD scholarships in the UK.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
Scholarship to be taken at: United Kingdom
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: Tuition Fees, Monthly stipend, flight tickets, accommodation expenses, health insurance cover for the period of the scholarship.
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the participating UK universities.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for Nigerian students.
About the Scholarship
The PTDF, the Federal Government agency is committed to the development of indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology in the petroleum industry of the Nigerian economy. The scholarship award is to support Nigerian students secure and complete specific programmes in the United Kingdom. The award covers payment of tuition and bench fees, provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance and the provision of allowances to cover the costs of accommodation and living expenses of the recipients. PTDF scholarships are highly competitive seeking only candidates with outstanding academic credentials including academic merit as seen by the quality of academic degrees, academic transcripts, other acquired professional qualifications and publications to be referenced by the applicant.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020/2021 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme in UK, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must possess good academic credentials as evidenced by quality of degrees, academic transcripts, membership of professional bodies.
- Applicants should note that their study/research plan should be such that is in line with the mandate of the scholarship.
- Applicants are to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) outlining the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil and gas industry and its expected impact on national development.
- Applicants are to scan copies of the following documents and upload same to their online application:
- First degree certificate or statement of result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results
- Local Government Identification letter
- Master’s degree certificate for PhD applicants only
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
Requirements for Masters Scholarship
- A minimum of second class upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a second class lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Applicants must be computer literate and possess 5 O/level credits including English Language.
Requirements for PhD Scholarship
- Applicants must possess a minimum of second class lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry of not more than 5 pages to include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and Mode of data collection (sample template of the proposal can be obtained on the scholarship management portal)
- Applicants must also include their master’s degree project.
Other Important Notice
- Applicants must be in possession of a National Identity Number (NIN) before proceeding to apply for the scholarship. Applicants are expected also to verify their NIN before completing the application.
- Ongoing PhD candidates could only apply provided their universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities.
- Candidates who have been awarded a PTDF scholarship in the past cannot apply for the same type of programme, except a higher programme.
- Candidates who are in possession of a higher degree cannot apply for similar type of programme.
- Candidates who are beneficiaries of other scholarships are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who scales through the first round of screening will be required to submit their academic transcripts therefore all applicants are to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
Application Procedure for the 2020/2021 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme in UK
Applicants are to access and complete the online application form by visiting the official application webpage of the scholarship. Applicants are to upload the required supporting documents in the required formats.
Application Deadline: 17th February, 2020