Fully-Funded Scholarships for Foreign Students by the Government of Brunei Darussalam, 2020/2021: The Government of Brunei Darussalam through the Ministry of foreign Affairs invites applications from foreign students for the 2020/2021 academic session to be taken at a higher educational institution in Brunei Darussalam. The scholarship awards will afford the applicants the opportunity to enrol in a Diploma, Undergraduate and Master’s degree programmes at any of the under-listed higher institutions:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB),
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Brunei Darussalam
Scholarship to be taken at: Brunei Darussalam
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded
Scholarship level: Diploma, Undergraduate and Masters
Scholarship Worth: Tuition Fees, air tickets to and fro Brunei Darussalam, Monthly stipend, accommodation expenses, Insurance cover for the period of the scholarship.
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the participating universities.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Fully-Funded Scholarships for Foreign Students by the Government of Brunei Darussalam, 2020/2021, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of but not limited to ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants for the undergraduate and diploma programmes must be within the age of 18-25 and must not be above the age of 35 for master’s degree programme by 31st July, 2020.
- Successful applicants for the scholarship must be willing to conform with the rules and regulations underlying the scholarship and the various University and Polytechnic.
- Successful applicants are to respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam as well as obey all the laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam.
- Successful applicants must be willing to undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam if deemed necessary by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Upon completion of the programme, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam.
Application Procedure for the Fully-Funded Scholarships for Foreign Students by the Government of Brunei Darussalam, 2020/2021
Applicants are to download the application form at the official webpage of the scholarship. Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for Scholarships of the applicant’s country.
Applicants are required to submit also a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency/ Police Station certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges.
Completed application forms are to be emailed before the application expiration date to applyBDGS2020@mfa.gov.bn
Important Notice: Applicants must note that the maximum size allowed for e-mail and file attachments is 10MB and all application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted in word document/PDF/JPG format (compressed (.zip) folder).
Application Deadline: 14th February, 2020 (1600 hrs Brunei time)